About the MGCA
Why does the MGCA exist? Why are we here? The short answer is "to promote and preserve the best interests of the Michigan golf industry."
That's what the mission statement says, written almost 40 years ago. That mission hasn't changed. We are grateful to our members and our industry partners for making the MGCA the "voice of Michigan golf business."
"Being in the golf business straps all of us for our valuable time and resources. As our business demands more of my time, I have had to make strategic decisions where my best return on investment will be. There is no greater value as a course owner than being a member of the MGCA. The return on my membership is way more than the discounts and rebates we receive from our great partnerships. You can't put a dollar value on the ideas and strategies brought and shared by the best course operators in the nation. As they say, if you can make it there (owning a course in Michigan), you can make it anywhere. There is no other organization in Michigan that covers the entire spectrum of your course operation. Your success starts here at the MGCA."
Bill Fountain, Operating Partner of the Majestic Golf Course in Hartland
Some highlights in the past year or so:
- negotiated a 25-50% reduction in your membership dues while maintaining the dual membership for you with the National GCOA
- created a strategic partnership with the Small Business Association of Michigan (SBAM) and provide FREE memberships for all MGCOA members ($195 value)
- established a $250 rate for membership in the world's largest golf procurement group, VGM Club ($200 for 9 hole golf courses), which represents up to 50% off their normal dues rate
- maintaining a self-funded workers compensation program, The Clubs Fund, where participants receive annual return on their investment
- providing tournament management software FREE through your participation in the Michigan Golf League Network and Championship ($195 value)
And that's just a few of the answers to "why does the MGCA exist."
Give our team a call. We'd love to work with you.
Sandy Ridge Golf Course
Total Golf Inc.
Concord Hills Golf Course
U. S. Golf Cars
Elmbrook Golf Course
Chisholm Hills Golf Course
Gull Lake View Golf Club